#WarehouseWednesday 10th Anniversary
Wire Mesh Decking for Pallet Racking
Every week on our social media profiles we share #WarehouseWednesday with the aim of promoting best practice in the warehouse! We look at health and safety, pallet racking products and unique solutions that have helped our clients. We've invited the team from Wholesale Pallet Rack Product in America to be part of our 10th Anniversary #WarehouseWednesday!
"Would You Like Fries With That?"
We are great fans of Wholesale Pallet Racking Products "Would You Like Fries With That?" feature! It is a video mini-series that acts as an educational resource for their customer base and anyone interested in all things racking products, much like our own #WarehouseWednesday!
We have never featured wire decking for #WarehouseWednesday so here is what they have to say!
Josh: Welcome to WPRP's miniseries "Would you like Fries With That?". I'm Josh Smith.
Linda: And I'm Linda Anlauf.
Josh: Today we're going to be talking about Channel Wire Decks. Two different features that we're going to be talking about is the Universal Box Channel. This is designed for a box beam. This sits on top and has a standard waterfall. The other design that we stock...
Linda: ...is actually a step deck which is for a teardrop step beam and it is called a U-Channel Deck.
Josh: Both of these items are in stock at WPRP. It is important to know what type of beam you have when ordering; if it's going to be something that's going to fit the application. If you are unsure you have the option to go with the Box Channel. If you do know the dimensions front to back you can go with the standard step. Both of these are available quick ship in Minnesota. I'm Josh Smith, thanks for tuning in.
Linda: Find us on LinkedIn and GooglePlus. I'm Linda Anlauf.
What are wire decks for pallet racking?
Wire mesh decking is an excellent solution for applications where smaller items are stored on the racking. The mesh deck is placed on the beams and acts as a shelf to store boxes, totes and other small storage items. They can also be used to help support pallets for those warehouse installations that use varying or irregular pallets.
Wire mesh decking is often a great alternative to traditional timber or chipboard decking as it maintains the integrity of fire detection & suppression systems. It does this by:
- Allowing smoke & heat to rise activating fire detection systems
- Allows water from sprinklers to penetrate the storage system helping to extinguish fires
- In many cases, it can reduce your insurance premiums!
Wire mesh decking - Key facts
- Quickly converts pallet racking into shelving
- Available in a range of sizes, including those to suit 900mm and 1100mm deep pallet racking
- Suited to box or stepped beams
- Either galvanized or painted
- Can be custom made to fit the size of your racking
- Up to 1000kgs UDL (uniformly distributed load) per panel
- Compatible with most racking manufacturers
- Can be used on warehouse shelving as well as pallet racking
- Accessories available including half & full height dividers
- Available from under £20 + VAT per deck!
Interested in some form of wire decking solution for your warehouse? Contact us today to find out more or request a quote on 01438 731990.