Phase 2 refurbishment works at Cambridge University progress
Earlier in the year, SEC Interiors were delighted to be awarded a Phase 2 package of refurbishment works for a prestigious, Cambridge-based University; working in partnership with VolkerFitzpatrick Ltd.
These works were awarded to SEC Interiors after the successful completion of Phase 1, which included the fit-out of a classic, 1950s style building and the refurbishment of a Science Building and staff faculty offices based on the same campus.
As part of the package, three separate floors will be refurbished in the same building along with a ground floor break-out space and industrial kitchen area.
The Phase 2 programme of works have / will include:
- The demolition and strip out of various materials, including bulkheads, partitions, ceilings, etc. in preparation for the refurbishment works
- The installation of new steel beams - where specified - to reinforce the structure of the building
- The lay back and installation of level raised floors
- Reinstatement works, including the installation of partitions, beams, ceilings, acoustic rafts and general finishes
- Replacement of carpet tiles and vinyl flooring
- The refurbishment of WCs, general decorative works and more
Work began on the project back in June, with the overall programme of works due to be completed approx. next June.
Site Manager, Dave Woollard, who has worked on all phases of the project commented:
"The SEC Interiors team are working to a high standard; working in tandem with the main contractor, VolkerFitzpatrick Ltd, and are on schedule to finish the project ahead of programme, with all of the works being carried out in a live environment, so keeping disruption to a minimum has been a vital part of this project."
Keep an eye out for our full case study feature which will be launched in the New Year.